Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83 brat is lifting excessively when accelerating

Well as the picture shows i rolled it. got some front end damage when i hit the concrete divider. drove it home. but any thing above 40 the front wheels would howl. when i looked at them the driver side was not aligned with the passenger side. bit of adjusting the steering arm fixed that. but now the front end is rising alot under acceleration to the point im spinning tires. didnt happen before i rolled it.nothing visually seems wrong from what i can tell. any pointers or advice would be much appreciated. stock healthy ea81 d/l 5speed 83 gl brat. thanks for reading.

post-42853-0-45665600-1371875681_thumb.jpg

alright so first reply nailed 75% of my issue. a few u tube videos and some of the wonderful info i found on this site got both wheels spinning again insted of the wild walking from side to side. even tho it was quite fun to drive that way its much safer getting out in traffic in the middle of town now. i believe i still have something bent. not finding anything but a little sloppy wheel bearing but i had way worse with decant handling still. so the hunt continues! Thank a million guys i saved 75-100 bucks in 20 mins insted of having an alignment shop tell me its too bent which i already know.

• 4 months later...