Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Frame rail Caps from Mill Supply Inc.

Hey Soobers;

Is anyone on the list using the Frame Rail caps from Mill Supply in Cleveland? I can't tell from the online description if these will work on my 86 dual-range wagon? The description the guy at Mill Supply gave me sounds like they will but knowing someone who's using them would be better. My sub-frame is rotting out where the floor pan starts up into the engine bay. There are two frame channels there that curve around and support the front engine cradle etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gareth

Hi Boz!:

Can't afford to do that! I'm only working here and there, so money's tight. I'll wait and see if someone else replys about this. The description sounded right though. If this doesn't work then "Smurf" has to go when the Sub-Frame lets go. BTW, what was the last year the Dual Range GL/Loyale was made?

Thanks Boz....

Best,

Gareth

Gareth:

I have never used their frame caps, but I have dealt with Mill's for other items. I usually talk to a guy named Bill. He can look up the applications for you. The caps should work for all 85-94 era EA82's.

I like the panels I have gotten from them in the past. They use the correct guage of metal, and they leave plenty of extra metal so that you can easily trim to fit.

My only complaint is that they require a little more prep work to finish than most patch panels out there. Some of their stuff is a little rough. Not sure if the problem is manufacture or handling.

Still 100x better than trying to fab these from scratch...

good luck, John