Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 D/R Ej22 swap

snofool

Do a full tune up and drive the leqacy before you pull its engine out by its roots That way its alot easier to diagnose problems relating to the swap.Its nice to know that the engine was working perfectly BEFORE the swap,because when you install the harness one wire wont get connected in the the final stages and it wont run right if at all..

And if its all the same to you it can be kinda fun stripping down a harness by yourself.My first EJ swap I paid a member on here to strip it down.The next harness I stripped down after reading up on it.Although for a first timer it is more convenient to send the harness to somebody and get it back stripped down with labels on all the wires as to where they go.If however you want to try it on your own myself as well other members could walk you through the process.

If you decide to strip the harness by yourself get ahold of me before you pull it from the car and I can give you some pointers that will make the process easier.

I am not trying to take business from Scott,Scott is a great guy who is honest and does good work. I am just telling you there are other options

Edited by Uberoo

Ha! I like that!  All the 5 spd 4wds were haggard or had like 200,000 plus miles on them. Not to mention fwd is cheaper! I got some good doner seats and a great donor motor(I hope). If anyone has a link to an article about the seats let me know.

Ha! I like that!  All the 5 spd 4wds were haggard or had like 200,000 plus miles on them. Not to mention fwd is cheaper! I got some good doner seats and a great donor motor(I hope). If anyone has a link to an article about the seats let me know.

when I go to the junkyard and I need drivetrain parts I get them from autotragics or wrecked cars.There is a good chance that a bad automatic put the car in the junkyard and thus the engine is still good.Same with wrecked cars because my theory was that the car was running well enough to at least get into an accident.

Took the legacy to my mechanic to do a overall systems check. It drove there flawlessly and with the a/c cranked the whole way! Too bad it's r12 still. Even if it's colder I want to try and keep the a/c if possible. So I might just convert it over to 134 and try to salvage all the pieces. I was taking a look at the seats as well. Looks like it will be easy enough to swap.  cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...