Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I found a few moments to consider some requests for a bigger version of the XV-Ute :

This one is based on the current Legacy / Outback platform & should give you a much larger payload + a sportier look to boot ... !

Outback-Ute-1.jpg

Outback-Ute-1

Outback-Ute-2.jpg

Outback-Ute-2

Outback-Ute-3.jpg

Outback-Ute-3

Outback-Ute-4.jpg

Outback-Ute-4

Outback-Ute-5.jpg

Outback-Ute-5

Note : For an even larger version, click on the link @ bottom of right of picture to see the 'Originals' ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

P.S. - I might have to come back to this & fix up the links ...

Edited by Bantum

Ok - I've finished it for now ... :P

So have posted the !st draft up on the 3D whore house web site for those wanting to down load it here :

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6c0c57172fd7abd44357da6907c78a70&prevstart=96

Will see if I can get some renders done later ...

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum

Looks nice! Much better than the 3 foot bed on the Baja.

Only issue I can see is that the rear can window is angled forward. This would limit head and leg room in the cab by keeping the seat from sliding back all the way, and doesn't do a thing to increase cargo space in the bed.

Makes a good truck for someone short. But an extended wheelbase and another 4-6" of cab room would be necessary for someone like me, who's head, shoulders, and chest are literally next to the B pillar in the car, seat slid back as far as it will go, and my right leg still cramps after 20-30 minutes of driving because the gas pedal is still too close.

I'd kinda like to see a version of the new Forester as a ute. I sat in a 2014 last weekend and was amazed that the seat went back far enough for me to sit comfortably, and actually had to extend my leg to put the gas pedal on the floor. With my leg at rest my foot was just sitting on the pedal. That's a rare thing for me to find in mid size vehicles. The only other cars I've ever been able to do that in are full size German vehicles. Even full size premium American cars don't have that kind of room.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it's always a compromise with a simple cut & shut operation - KISS was main intent here ...  ;)  

Do note that with the seat in this model you should be able to push it back a good foot before it hits anything ... How tall are you ? I'm 180 cm and have fun fitting in the Brumby, with the seat all the way back my knees just miss the steering wheel ... :P

I might do an option for a larger crew cabin / tray on a longer wheel base model later, keep an eye out for it ... :ph34r:

Cheers, Bantum ...