Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

alright. thank you

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soobie_newbie67

soobie_newbie67

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Kennewick

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

So.  Let me reword this a little since i came off kinda harsh.  They say (Delta Cams) Custom orders over the phone.  My topic got locked so i couldnt ask any further questions there, and i couldnt find the info i was looking for searching (i'm sure its on this website somewhere).  Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself here.  I should ask WHY do people put in the delta cams in the first place?  what changes do the cams make after upping the compression with the EJ22 heads?

Edited by soobie_newbie67, 30 June 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#2 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,502 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

research cam grinding to get a grasp on why. but, as I understand it, you are basically moving your power band around, based on what kind of characteristics you want your engine to have. low end torque or top end power. i believe lots of people building frankies install them because a) the engines already apart B) its a performance enhancing build, why not increase the performance a bit more. c) with added compression timing needs jimmied with (i think)

hth

#3 soobie_newbie67

soobie_newbie67

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Kennewick

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

whats the fuel octane requirement for a frankenmotor?

#4 quazi

quazi

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • los angeles

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

In other vehicles I've found that higher compression, a hotter cam and advanced timing always = higher octane requirement.

JW

#5 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,502 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

run premium, theyve been run on less. but run premium..

#6 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,082 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Some people have run into idle and low end power problems using the reground torque profile cams with the Frankenmotor. The concensus is that you need an ECU tune or some other form of engine management to make the combination work.
I'm not sure about the high end profile, there might be better results without a tune.
In general people who build a Frankenmotor are very happy with the stock cam, which needs no tuning to make the engine run well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users