Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suggestion. intended for everyone

Crawlerdan

why you here- you- the dood holding a beer and salted snack feed- your here because you love subarus

i do to, theyre cool

ive owned 121, not a typo. i drive em, race em, jump em, turn em into farm tools, sell em. fix them, everything

that being said, the off road guys have "recipies" for known results. buy GL- ADD  blablabal, and you know you will get a relatively capable forest thumper its been done a million times, hell my daily driver is a 91 leggo with 8 inches of lift and 31s :D

but i have always loved rally, spireted gravel driving, being a jackass in the forest with an uncorked boxer. whatever you want to call it

i have not seen or heard of a recipe or formula for fun sideways in the dirt

ive built several succesful rally cars, but will admit on every occasion- success was accidental

please give input of what we can tell our freinds, customers, the police- makes a good subaru rally car -for Gods sakes- we're starting with the most capable awd car in history- lets all help eachother achieve euphoria sideways in a cloud of dust

early inpreza- legacies can be had for nothing these days

so lets take- Gen 1 leg sedan. 5 spd awd- and virtually turn it into a poor mans stress reliever for those that have kids and a mortgage, but long to talk our freinds into pulling us out of the river at 2am :D

budget suspension?

budget break upgrades?

sway bar choices, ways to lighten and stiffen

sources for parts that are cheaper

alternative to high dollar rally tires

lets help our brothers yall

my last "success" was a 92 leg sedan, awd 5 spd

stripped it down to 2380lbs with fuel

no interior etc.

i had forester springs and struts

obw sways

open exhaust, intake

delta cams

a/c fan converted to full time use.

redneck skidplates

stock stoopid street tires

good tall ebrake

but no cage, or safety seats, or harnesses.

this car was faster then it should have been with no safety- resulted in a crash that resulte in a broken wrist, air time, followed by broken ribs and laughing.

what yall got ?!?

post-13977-0-31899700-1372828641_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...