Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stripped EJ harness pics

Carl B.

I've been searching and searching but the only seemingly helpful pics have bad links.  Does anyone have pics of a EJ harnes stripped for an EA car?  I have a harness from a 99 impreza that was already pulled and nothing is labled, trying to sort it out.

Thanks 

I've been searching and searching but the only seemingly helpful pics have bad links.  Does anyone have pics of a EJ harnes stripped for an EA car?  I have a harness from a 99 impreza that was already pulled and nothing is labled, trying to sort it out.

Thanks 

I have a bunch of harness pictures from members projects on here. I hesitate to post somebody's work without their permission. Have you tried the EJ22 swap guide pdf file? Pictures are included in it. The stripped harness is pretty basic. Start by finding the ECU plugs, and then label what you know you will need and ingore the rest at first. MAF, engine harness connectors, ignitor, fuel and ECU relays, O2 connector, ect. You could always try and send a PM to Numbchux, GD, or one of the other resident gurus for a pic if you get stuck.

Edited by Crazyeights

Thanks Crazyeights, maybe you could PM me some of those pictures?

I have ID'd the ECU plugs, the o2 stuff, and fuel relay; pics of the other essential connectors would be great.  Numbchux's PDF mentions a Main/Ignition relay, anyone have pics?  

You mention a MAF plug but I was under the impression that this motor('99 25rs auto) used MAP?

I've been thinking about something that was brought up by Gloyale, the MAP and MAF in a 25rs.  I have seen this in some GM cars but I'm new to Subaru.  Looked at a 00 25rs and couldnt locate a MAF.  Does anyone have more insight on this?

It's probably Speed Density vs Mass Air Flow. On the older GM's I remember a Prom update that bypassed the MAF and turn the system in to SD You left the MAF in place and the kit included a sticker that said it was no longer in use ;)

Edited by Crazyeights