Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Group N mounts, EJ swap

herb

I DID search, and found a bit of info, but not quite enough.  I'm in the process if having my motor mounts replaced on my ej'd ea82 and I'm running into some difficulty apparently (outback auto is handling the job on my behalf, as I don't have a hoist or, quite frankly, the time).  They are saying the group n mounts don't seem to line up quite right going in, that they are too wide but from my understanding all ej mounts are the same? can anybody provide some quick insight for my ignorance? THANK YOU!

I have heard that some people need to widen the engine mount holes in the crossmember when doing the EJ swap, so it could be just as simple as that. The Group N mounts are much stiffer so they might not have enough play in them to be persuaded into the existing holes.

any idea on how much they would need to be widened?  could that be accomplished with a dremel and a few minutes, or is it a more serious affair?  excuse my ignorance, but I don't have it in front of me to visualize. and again, thank you.

Not to contradict others, but I've got group N engine mounts in my Phase 1 EJ 2.2 swapped Loyale and they dropped right in without any grinding or cutting of anything.

They cause some vibrations at stoplights but they feel great when driving hard.