Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New 2014 Forester on order, wondering about 'Bumper Corner Molding' purc

Hello!  I'm new to Subaru, and new to this forum.  Just ordered a new 2014 Forester Touring, and am thinking about purchasing the 'Bumper cover moldings' (example here: http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=2073)

After 8 years of city parallel parking, the corners of my 2005 Accord are looking pretty banged up - as you can see in the attached picture.

Am hoping to avoid this happening on my shiny new Forester.

Any thoughts on if these will help avoid this type damage, and if it's worth getting them painted to match the color of the bumper (since Subaru only ships them in black)?

Thanks for any feedback!

post-48594-0-17107900-1373471333_thumb.jpg

I have these on just the back of my Outback. Never really saw much of a benefit to them, but then again, I'm not parallel parking in large cities very often. That is until about a month or two back when I backed into, let's just say something immovable, at a friends - split the rubber molding in half (still stuck on, just looks a little rough). I'm guessing it saved the bumper from cracking, but who knows.

Not sure if they would look odd on the front bumper. Color matching them could be good way to hide them a bit.