Ultimate Subaru Message Board

M44 Mosin for 78 Brat w/extras

Just lookin for an opinion really, my rifle has only gone up (currently sittin at $450 on the rifle stock exchange) since I bought it. I personally think it's worth it... thoughts and opinions would be appreciated and yes the Brat runs drives as well as stops lol

Lol yeah actually also the tool pouch oil can n multi tool era and rifle specific well not the sling it's for a 91/30

Suppose I should have worked the title better, there is a dude with a Brat interested in trading it for my M44 Carbine.

How much you pay for yours? I got mine unfired cept for the arsenal sighting with the bayonet out for $75

I got onto them later. I tried to buy a chinese type 53 from the farm store, but the background check never returned a yes or no. They wanted $175 for it, no accessories. Then i found one from a private ffl at a show for $275. IT came with all the accessories minus the sling.

There is a 91/30 at the arms supply in town for $400+

I would say trade the brat, If the rifle is worth mucn more now than what you paid for it. I guess the only toss up is what it would cost you to replace the rifle if you wanted one again. 

Probly piss poor condition with a pitted barrel too, beridian pimers... my suggestion to you is always hose the rifleing with WD40 right after your done shooting. Corrosive primers suck but it'll help keep her shiny.

Where you at so I get an idea of what the current values are elsewhere.

Probly piss poor condition with a pitted barrel too, beridian pimers... my suggestion to you is always hose the rifleing with WD40 right after your done shooting. Corrosive primers suck but it'll help keep her shiny.

Where you at so I get an idea of what the current values are elsewhere.

A better idea for negating the acidic effects of berdan primers is Windex. Ammonia is what neutralizes it, and windex has it, is cheap and doesnt smell as offensive.

I wouldnt spend more than $120 on a 91/30 or 44 unless it was in primo condition, with optics.

On the upside, mosins are tough as nails and tend to shoot relatively accurate even with barrels that are less than perfect.

I wouldnt trade a decent brat for it...but would trade it for a decent brat!

I know i paid a premium for mine, but not an inflated price. Mine was very clean with matching numbers. I feel like i got a good value. I can find non corrosive rounds, but i also bought up all the surplus rounds while they were cheap and half the price of non corrosive. The non corrosive has gone up twice as much since i got the rifle.

The ones at the farm store had no cleaning rod, sling, and the wood was worn and had graffiti scrawled on them, obviously used issued arms.