Ultimate Subaru Message Board

spring compressor

Hey, I am just in the process of installing accord springs but am having a heck of a time with my spring compressors. What's going wrong? Since there have been so many spring jobs lately, maybe someone noticed some hints that might make it go easier.

Hahaha, success, I a managed to get something to work (my fubar methods)and everything is now installed, i would say it's around 2" higher than before. Haven't road tested it yet to see how she rides.

bushbasher- i think i will have to check out your ride at some point just to see how sweet it is.

Well the lift and such is going slow... I now have all the parts minus bolts . Rear lift and t-case mount are both half done. I just have to keep plugging away at it. i don't want to reveal it till its finished :) The other day I managed to break both the shifter brackets on the tcase when I dropped it :rolleyes:

Oh well I need to make new ones anyways so they will fit.

It took me a while to figure out the spring compressor also. The compressor was a bit big for those little springs. I installed the honda springs also. I love the look and the payload it added to the car. As for the ride, it's a bit more bouncy off road, but it handles just fine on the pavement.

Have Fun!

Could you put RX struts or springs on the front and get a bit of lift since they are stiffer?

I've also got another question about this Honda spring mod. Has anybody done this on a car with adjustable rear struts? I'm going to do it pretty soon, and I was wondering how the height compares to stock in each position. I'm thinking I'll set it at the lowest setting so it's not jacked way up in the air but can still carry a decent payload. Any thoughts on this?