Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ej22 rebuild questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WAGN'IT124

WAGN'IT124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Waverly, MN

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

I have a 1994 legacy wagon with the ej 22 non-intercooled turbo motor that has about 230xxx. I am wondering if there is a website out there where i can buy cheap aftermarket internals and seals in one place. Also I am wondering if there is anyone in MN on here that could rebuild my motor.

#2 chaz345

chaz345

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Cheap internals will result in a cheap and probabbly less reliable engine. Since the majority of your $$ spent is going to be on labor, spending a few more dollars on quality parts makes sense if you intend to keep the car for any lenght of time, which given that you are doing a whole rebuild, I assume you are.

#3 WAGN'IT124

WAGN'IT124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Waverly, MN

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

i am looking for something that is just less than top name brand really. ya i am doing a full rebuild on the entire car. 

#4 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,650 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

NPR racing rings are often recommended by people here who regularly rebuild these engines. Best quality and they won't break the bank.

Bearings I think most people get through Subaru. Some searching on google would turn up a few answers I'm sure.
Rings and Bearings are something you absolutely do not cheap out on with a turbo build, because of the extra stresses they endure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users