Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just picked up my first dual range suby!

subiwag

when i took the carb off and opened it it looked brand new. the pieces looked of higher quality then the ones on the rebuild kit even. if anyone local wants to help me put it back together hit me up. i would want to atleast eliminate some of these vacuum lines since i forgot where some of them go anyway. ive looked for threads about this but all of them have dead links since they are from the old boards...

You need to unsecrew the brass caps that cover the emulsion tubes.  take them out and blow them out.  Looking at it won't do nothin.

As for assembly, there is a diagrahm with teh kit.  There is on;y one little ball and it goes in the bottom of the accel pump well.

And those aren't vac lines attached to the carb.  not most of them anyhow.  they are the air bleeds, and you cannot cap them.  they need to be hooked up to the hoses that cam off.  There are small "orifice" pellets inside the tubes that restrict the airbleed, maintaining mixture rates.

Put the carb back toghether and put it on the intake and take a picture of the carb and your hoses.  I'll tell you where they go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...