Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello thinking of getting a new Subaru

Welcome. I see you're in crud-a-hy. No offense :). Find me on the north east side. Anything in particular you looking for? YOu can pick up some 90's model cheap enough, unless you want something newer.

I go the route of a 95 legacy, because it is mechanically the same as thru 1999, but is not subject to emissions (1996) for registration here in wisconsin.

Welcome. I see you're in crud-a-hy. No offense :). Find me on the north east side. Anything in particular you looking for? YOu can pick up some 90's model cheap enough, unless you want something newer.

I go the route of a 95 legacy, because it is mechanically the same as thru 1999, but is not subject to emissions (1996) for registration here in wisconsin.

Indeed, welcome to the USMB! glad to see another WI member, I'm out in Waukesha. 

I agree with Fox, a mid 90s Subaru is the way to go if you aren't looking for a brand new vehicle. Like said above, the '95 Legacy body is pretty roomy and comfortable with decent acceleration and tugging power, not to mention you'll likely see 24mpg if not more (Depending Auto or Manual) z

I had a '95 Legacy for a while, did alot of long distance in it, and was happy with the cruising ability on the freeway.

I work at the old Midwest Express hangar the company that bought ME is in the Subaru VIP program so I will see what kind of deal I can get. And the crud-a-hy thing doesn't bother me it was cheap and next to work and not my primary residence :D All the crazy bars there are fun!

Yeah, you get the 'whitenecks' in this region in the rural areas. I am native to Indiana and moved here 8 years ago. But you live in a town where people aspire to work a blue collar job 40 hrs a week so they can afford a new Harley when they retire. Nothing wrong with that, but that is the general culture in working-class burbs.

Sorry I have three houses and rental properties and some are in "whiteneck suburbs". As long as they pay their rent and don't trash the place I don't care who they are. And who do you think you are talking down to people anyway? Im in the marine corp so little punks like you can go around and act all high and mighty whiskey tango foxtrot!

Whiteneck, redneck, leatherneck, what have you.

Hey, i am just giving my perspective from someone who is not native to here. Unless you have a Harley and a Mullet, i meant not to offend anyone. I live in a worse part of town if we need to go on about 'talking down' the neigborhood. But i get along just fine where i am at. 

Working 40 hrs a week and retiring is more than i have done so far.

Edited by MilesFox

Im cool  and did not take offense personally  just dont like it when someone makes fun of others. Volunteer at a place that works with a lot of underprivileged kids. Didn't mean to snap like that. See it alot with the kids and the adults there.

Im cool  and did not take offense personally  just dont like it when someone makes fun of others. Volunteer at a place that works with a lot of underprivileged kids. Didn't mean to snap like that. See it alot with the kids and the adults there.

I understand. The internet doesn't always reflect emotions properly. This is a well behaved website without flame attacks and put downs. I respect your duty to Defend our country and uphold our Constitution. and freedom.

If you get the chance, you should come to Rockerbox 2013 on center street at the fuel cafe on aug 3rd at 11:00 am -7 pm. Especially if you have a motorcycle. This goes on in my side of town just blocks form where i live. It's a fun time for any motorcycle enthusiast.

• Like 1

Rockerbox is awesome! Very diverse community and open-mindedness, any type/make of bike goes. I will probably be there.

As Fox has said, this is a good site. No flame wars and what nots. Hell, there are a lot of discussion threads in the Off-Topic where members freely talk about whatever is ailing ya, From Bi-Polar/Manic to Financial issues this forum has heard it lol.

When you do get a Subaru, don't be shy with pictures, we ALL like pictures! 

-Tom

Last time I had a motorcycle I was 15. It was just a POS Suzuki that somebody gave me but it was fun.....

How is the dealership on 27th SOA sent my VIP info to them and has anyone used Subarus vip program ?

Edited by Donp

Schlossman's subaru city is better than Sommers in mequon. Subaru city hosts an anual enthusiast meet. It may be worth your while to check out the Don Miller dealer in MAdison, as they support the subaru community and host an annual event as well. 

I have no experience purchasing cars with them, but the madison dealer was kind enough to ship a part back to mi in milwaukee as i ordered it from their counter in madison at one of the annual meetss.