Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OEM Remote Start Pairing

Remote Start OEM 2011 Legacy Pairing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaaaaay

Jaaaaay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • New York, NY

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Bought a new legacy (2011) with OEM remote start. Remote is not paired. Is this something I can do myself, or do I have to take it to the dealer?

I found the steps below online, but they don't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steps I found that AREN'T working:
Open drivers door turn key in ignition from lock to on to lock to on to lock to on Hit remote button once turn key to lock

#2 auto2

auto2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • chester ny

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

is what your pairing in discovery mode?

#3 Jaaaaay

Jaaaaay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • New York, NY

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm trying to pair/link/program the factory installed remote start remote with the remote start system in the car. I don't know of its possible for me to do or if a dealer has to do it.

#4 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,036 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

If You're just trying to reprogram a factory remote. There should be instructions for how to do that in the owners manual.

I'm not aware of any factory option for remote start. That I think would be an aftermarket add-on, in which case you would have to find instructions for that brand and model of remote start system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Remote, Start, OEM, 2011, Legacy, Pairing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users