Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air Compressors

For lack of a better space to put this I am asking here. Sears is having a sale on a 150 PSi air compressor that comes with the hose and a few tools and attachments for like $279. (30 gallon tank if I remember correctly) Not sure what the CFM's where though (What the heck are CFM's anyway?)

My question is what do I need to run some tools like a grinder or impact wrench without worrying about it running out of breath? I thought it was PSi's but someone said it is actually the CFMs. (What are they) I know 150 PSi is pretty good but I am not sure what a good rating for a CFM is. Anyone knowledgable about these things (In depth, not just general knowledge) Thanks, Boz

Off Topic forum is in testing right now and the donors are doing the testing. I am going to lock this thread and copy it to the OT forum. If you wish to help test join the donor group.

I own that same compressor. I never end up using the 3/8 ratchet it comes with, and the hose I ended up replacing with a lot longer one and a Rapid Reel that I bought at Menards. A high quality RUBBER hose is worth much more than those plastic ones. Plastic is good for contractors that work outside alot but rubber is better in a garage (opinion only). The compressor keeps up with me for changing tires and grinding, sanding or using my cutoff tools.