Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

overheating mystery

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

the ea81s are hell to surface block is very hard to remove the studs but get a realy good surface on them

#52 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

the ea81s are hell to surface block is very hard to remove the studs but get a realy good surface on them

I know. I just had my block decked earlier this year :P
It took a 500ft lb impact to get a couple out, and that was with a torch and deep creep.

Twitch

#53 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

A'm getting very good with my surfacer now get miriors every time

#54 man on the moon

man on the moon

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Denver

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

I have an update about this now. I removed the thermostat around the end of August, just in time for several days of cloud/rain. Since then it's been hot, cold, sunny, cloudy, and...floody. Through it all, the motor temp has stayed happy. Now for a new thermostat, I guess???

The only real problem I've had is in stop and go traffic on sunny days, the single (original) electric fan doesn't quite do it, and there is no clutch fan with this motor. I did pick up a pair of fans from a land-rover down at the junkyard, so hopefully that will help. Gotta install them, and maybe find a lower temp switch for the second fan. I think TheLoyale had a good post about re-wiring the electric fan with a lower temp switch.

The Land Rover fans are because they were slim and the right diameter. By my tape measure they should just fit between the grill and the radiator, leaving the motor side of the radiator empty and open. I'll report back when I have them in place.

#55 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

They sell a addjustabble temp switch for fan realys but the stock realys should run those fans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users