Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So yesterday while driving up in the hills I began to notice my engine, when in drive, would act like its in neutral. No power, no shifting, high RPMs. So I pulled to the side of te road and found a mess of Transmission Fluid all over the ground. It seemed the Hose feeding into the radiator had sliced open. I got a tow from a few rednecks back down the mountain to their place where they helped fix the hose and filled the system with tranny fluid, nothing....I managed to limp

Back into town and took the car to my friends where we flushed the system and put everything back together. Nothing still. Any ideas on what this could be? It must be internal now...

ummm.... where did he fill?  Could he have filled the front diff instead of the transmission sections?  It would take many gallons of ATF to fill the tranny to overflow.

Differential oil fill is on top of the transmission, just to car-right of the centerline, and is a stubby little stick.  ATF fill is roughly in front of the brake booster, bit of a pain to get at, and has a several foot long dipstick.

Edited by NorthWet
  • Like 1