Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Converting an H6 to 5 speed

flywheel questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 su-version

su-version

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Winchester, CA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

I've got an '03 H-6 from an LL Bean mated to a '03 turbo 5 speed and noticed there is no pin that indexes the flywheel/crank together. Is it OK to run it this way? TIA, kent

Edited by su-version, 31 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,158 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Fine. Flywheel can be mounted anyway. No need for alignment just get it tight

#3 su-version

su-version

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Winchester, CA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Great! I'll bolt her together.

#4 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,881 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Good luck! It's not going to be an easy road. Granted, you can bolt everything together but the computers will not be happy. ECU will be looking for 3 different signals from the TCU and without them, prompt a CEL.

#5 su-version

su-version

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Winchester, CA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Good luck! It's not going to be an easy road. Granted, you can bolt everything together but the computers will not be happy. ECU will be looking for 3 different signals from the TCU and without them, prompt a CEL.

Well don't go anywhere. You sound like you know your stuff and I certainly don't. :wacko: I had hoped to avoid most of this by swapping out all of the wiring & ECU from the donor. Using what I can, cutting out the rest. Hopefully unrelated codes can be flashed out?? BTW,   :ph34r:   this is all going into an old Porsche. Even the donor car's steering wheel. I know. Wrong forum for this. Just got off on a tangent.

#6 rxleone

rxleone

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

There must be some way around this - I got a JDM manual EZ30 Legacy in at the auction house the other day direct from Japan. They do exist, so there must be a manual TCU out there that can handle the EZ30.

#7 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,881 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Shuld have specified, all Subarus with a flat 6 EXCEPT the XT6, had an automatic transmission coupled from the factory available in the US. I have seen the manual 3.0 overseas but nothing that was offered here.

I have seen guys do the swap into VWs and an XT6 but I believe there is a bit of a tuning issue when the engine computer waits for a signal from the transmission computer for a shift point. Im not entirely sure how it was handled using a stock ECU but if I were doing the swap myself, I would be running a MegaSquirt 3 box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users