Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Gen Caravan to WCSS?

Quick word of advice here for you guys caravaning.

Keep your distance, do not follow each other to closely.

The roads will be wet and stopping distances will increase.

A few years back a group of people were on their way to WCSS12(?) and something happened.

3 cars didnt make it to the show that year.

• Like 2

Pretty well ready to go for tomorrow. Since it's gonna rain, I didn't bother much with cleaning the outside. I got a free car wash a couple weeks ago (found out my trunk doesn't seal 100%  :o), so it was already pretty clean. Vacuumed out the interior, played with my front end alignment a bit, and put some new oil in (along with a new oil filter). Also found a cassette-to-MP3 adapter, so I can listen to some Bohemian Rhapsody on the way there.  :headbang:

P1130783_zpsd3598f97.jpg

Huge thanks to MR_Loyale! His professional soldering skills got my fog lights working again and my accessory wires on my battery shouldn't be an issue anymore. And thanks to him, I've got some super awesome, super useful LED lights in the back of my wagon! It appears as though we didn't put them at the same height, but it's only noticeable from the viewpoint in which I took the photo. They work perfectly in junction with my LED dome light.  :)

P1130775_zps6cac1072.jpg

Really looking forward to tomorrow, and this weekend! Hopefully the rain won't be too bad, since my tyres don't do so well in the pouring rain. Especially starting from a stop on a hill. Definitely keeping my distance!

• Like 1

Please bring your cameras and if you have GO-PROS or other in-car  video recorders to SAFELY capture video while driving, please do so.  I want lots of pictures and video of the trip. I will have my netbook with me so I am hoping folks can give me copies of the video they shot during the trip.

Please bring your cameras and if you have GO-PROS or other in-car  video recorders to SAFELY capture video while driving, please do so.  I want lots of pictures and video of the trip. I will have my netbook with me so I am hoping folks can give me copies of the video they shot during the trip.

And so it begins...

Was up until 2 (aka 4 hours ago) working on the car, so lets see how well I can remember my head :P

"Rubber duck, this is Big Ben, do you copy?"

Twitch

I am en route. Just leaving Coeur d'Alene, heading west on I-90.

Skies are cloudy, with intermittent showers/sprinkles.

Expected cruising speed: 72.4 MPH

Large police presence on the Idaho side of things.

Snacks prepped and iced. Drinks the same.

All good over here.

Twitch Out.

PS: Thank god for rain-x

Edited by Twitch de la Brat

I'm gonna try and make it to meet with you guys, but I have several things to do this morning so we'll see how it goes. If I don't make it, maybe I'll catch up along the way.

Jesse

We wont be in any hurry, if your info was sent to MR_Loyale then you might catch up at one of the rest stops.. We may need both depending on how much coffee is consumed during the drive.  

Just woke up. Woke up to the fire alarm, which was concerning since I'm home alone. :o But nothing was the matter, thankfully. Gotta pack my laptop, food, and cameras. Heading out the door soon, then gotta stop by work, the P.O. box, and the bank. Then I'll be on my way down. I am planning to get to Tacoma at noon, which is early. But I'd rather be early than late!

Edited by jj421

thats how I would go Ben..  It avoids seattle and more of a straight shot. Then just follow the signs.. If you pass the Mall don't worry the next exit will work and there will take you where you need to be.

Signing out couple of last minute things then off to the shower and roll out!

Edited by Mykeys Toy