Ultimate Subaru Message Board

200 dollar score. East Coasters might not wanna see this. . .

*curses & mutters*

$250 is what I'm looking to pay for the '94 Loyale chassis... rot on the right rear, but it looks like it won't be too much to repair at a body shop. Engine with 98k on her that leaks more oil than mine with 226k. A 4wd 3at that's in dubious condition.

*mutters*

I say we steal a bunch of dump trucks, load 'em up with rock salt, and dump it all in Eric's yard. :D. Who's with me?

An old DL with high miles and a bad tranny? Eric, You are slipping. I am not trying to be negative but just honest. Me?, I would pass. I guess it all depends what you are into, what you like, want, need. I guess if you need the dash and some body panels it's worth it. I remember while growing up people couldn't even give stuff like that away. Oh well, As long as you are happy then I am happy for you. ....

An old DL with high miles and a bad tranny? Eric, You are slipping. I am not trying to be negative but just honest. Me?, I would pass. I guess it all depends what you are into, what you like, want, need. I guess if you need the dash and some body panels it's worth it. I remember while growing up people couldn't even give stuff like that away. Oh well, As long as you are happy then I am happy for you. .... 

By being a DL, I only lose a tach and two more headlights. Big deal.

The tranny works, just doesn't go into reverse. Drove it home.

A good 4 speed D/R is sitting in my garage waiting for a host.

Hell, I have a parts 4X hatch behind my garage with everything I'll need. Pow.

Little sucker runs like a dream, lots of stuff replaced, brakes, tires, c/vs. . .

Tabs till 1/05. Interior's nice too.

Tell me about your score that beats that my friend. :P But thanks for being happy. :D

I think my 78 wagon that I drove away for $1 probably beats it..... but only because it was *extremely* cheap. That DL is more desireable, so that somewhat evens out the comparison.... still.... ONLY $1, AND I DROVE IT AWAY. HAHAHAHAHA

Only thing I really miss on the DL's is the Oil Pressure guage.... the EA81 pumps tend to want a reseal every now and then to keep the pressure on, so the guage really helps to know what's up. You can always add an aftermarket one tho. Other than that, I really like the DL's - something about the simplicity makes it attractive.

GD

I saw the ad for that one and almost called to tell you about it. Wasn't sure if you still wanted a wagon. That'll be wierd seeing Zap in a wagon again. Wonder what'll be next? Gen 1 wagon? A sedan? Monster Justy? 360 monster van?

Brian

That gen one wagon totally reminds me of my first Soob. Definitely my most durable. I picked it up 10 years ago for $300. Had 99k on it, everything worked, even the A/C. Still ran when I abandoned it 9 months later. :)

But I was waiting for Boz to speak up with his good deal. I know us Westerners get good stuff like this all the time.

:banana:

My first car, A 84 VW rabbit diesel in very nice shape...free. My second, a 78 F100 for 100 bucks. Ran that one for a few years as well. 86 Cougar 300 bucks (loaded up). This was years ago. I was always messing

with 4 wheelers and such. I have a cousin however, that has only ever actually bought 2 cars. All of the others have been given to him. See, I already had a car (My gray BRAT) so I never wanted another car. (At that time) My parents would not allow me to have cars sitting around the house. Heck, Even when I got older I bought cars to buy/sell and my mom was mad as hell. She doesn't like all the cars around the house. Now that I have my own house it's my call. My wife doesn't like it but she's happier now cause I just got rid of car #5. Now I am down to 4.

it's a good deal in my book. here's the last thing I got for $200...

http://usmb.net/gallery/album93/PDC_0111

right door was totally caved in. gas filler tube was wrapped with saran wrap, doors flapped in the wind, tranny had the 3rd gear synchro issue and plenty of rust all over the place. tailgate rust wasn't too severe, but it was dented... all with only 86k on the clock

I save from it:

86k motor :)

grill

tailgate

t-tops

drivers side window

rear slider

jump seats/frame

the motor was my main goal, since it's $350-500 for a junk yard motor around here...

Jeez. I never said best deal ever. My best deal was probably the perfectly running 92 legacy I was given a year ago or so. I traded it for my current hatch + got 500 bucks.

So has anybody every given any of you a sweet running, 100% rust free, 95% straight body hatch back + 500 bucks?

Thought not. . . :brow:

EZ

(and Boz, I wouldn't pay 86 bucks for an 86 cougar) :P