Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newbie from Ohio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheImpalaKId

TheImpalaKId

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cincinnati, OH

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi, I just joined your forum.  I owned a couple of Subarus back in the 80s.. a GL10, and a GL10 Turbo.  

But I hadn't owned another one until this week, when I bought a '96 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon.  It's forest green, 5 speed, and has 233K miles on the body and about 141K on the engine.  I bought it as a commuter vehicle, but I always fix them up some way or another.

The only major issue I've found is a hole in the exhaust.  By the sound, I'm guessing it's in the Y pipe, but I haven't looked yet.

I'm not digging the lifted look, so I will probably try to lower this car eventually and put some lower profile tires on it.

I'm looking forward to reading what's here.

Thanks,

Mike

Lebanon, Ohio (near Cincy)

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

There are 2 cats in the exhaust header, perhaps a gasket is blown out. Check the donut wheel.

Being an outback model, there are spacers between the fram and the body. You can remove these. You can also go with a lower suspension from an impreza. Struts fit, you may have to mix and match tophats.

The car is literally a set of legos, so you will find that a 15 year stretch of subarus will swap parts around.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I meant 'donut gasket'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users