Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie from Ohio

Hi, I just joined your forum.  I owned a couple of Subarus back in the 80s.. a GL10, and a GL10 Turbo.  

But I hadn't owned another one until this week, when I bought a '96 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon.  It's forest green, 5 speed, and has 233K miles on the body and about 141K on the engine.  I bought it as a commuter vehicle, but I always fix them up some way or another.

The only major issue I've found is a hole in the exhaust.  By the sound, I'm guessing it's in the Y pipe, but I haven't looked yet.

I'm not digging the lifted look, so I will probably try to lower this car eventually and put some lower profile tires on it.

I'm looking forward to reading what's here.

Thanks,

Mike

Lebanon, Ohio (near Cincy)

There are 2 cats in the exhaust header, perhaps a gasket is blown out. Check the donut wheel.

Being an outback model, there are spacers between the fram and the body. You can remove these. You can also go with a lower suspension from an impreza. Struts fit, you may have to mix and match tophats.

The car is literally a set of legos, so you will find that a 15 year stretch of subarus will swap parts around.

• Like 1