Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheels for 92 subaru loyale

I would like to know who to contact to change the bolt pattern on this car so I can put some nice wheels on it.  I ran into a guy today who has converted to a six lug set up and has some big tire on his.  I know there are spacers available to do this, but our quite costly.  This guy said there would be someone on this forum who could help me at a reasonable cost

The 6-bolt lug pattern found on Toyotas, Nissans, Mitsubishi, and many other brands has the same bolt spacing between opposing lugs as the Subaru has between its opposing lugs.

What this means is that you can either drill 2 new bolt holes int the rims to make it a 4-bolt pattern, or you can have your hubs redrilled to a 6-bolt pattern.  Be aware that the subaru has a large hub opening, so the 6-bolt wheels also need that large opening... such as wheels off a 4WD truck.

Beyond that, choices are almost nonexistent.

If you want a 6 lug pattern on the cheap knock out two opposite lugs on your current hub, attach your new 6 lug rim using the two remaining lugs, mark the four new lug locations, drill new stud holes, install new lugs from your local auto parts store.

Use the search function on this site for 6 lug conversion.

There should be a sticky pinned under the MODS or OffRoad section.

Check the length of the studs...do not need to be as long as the originals because they are going through a thinner section of drum on the rear.

Do not over size the new stud holes otherwise your new studs will not seat correctly and may spin. Makes taking off lug nuts quite a chore.

The correct drill bit size is noted in one of the stickys.

If you have access to a drill press-use it. A lot easier and cleaner than a hand held drill.

Take your time, drill slowly, use oil while drilling and let the drill do the work.

Good luck.

Post some before and after photos if you do it yourself.

• Like 1