Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello USMB Community

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. We wanted to introduce ourselves and the work we have been doing in the Subaru community for over 8 years now. So we aren't "new" per say but we are new to this forum and we hope to build a great relationship with each and every one of your by sharing our knowledge and some tips/tricks we have picked up along the way. Thanks for checking out our post!

-Anis A.
Subyking Motorsports

• 1 month later...

Ever take your car to a mechanic only to find out you were just bent over and ripped off?? Yea well thats what you'll feel if you take your car to SubyKing on 112! The owner/ mechanic lacks the skills, knowledge and professionalism to work on these cars let alone own such business!! At my time there, he told me he was trying to branch out and get business working on any type of car doing basic maintenance... Hopefully he follows through with it because subaru owners only have to take their car once to him to find out they'll never be back!! Sticking to only Subaru will surely run the business into the ground!! His labor rate is insane, more than the dealership right down the road, but sometimes you need to be those rates in order to get quality work and to get the job done right.. THE FIRST TIME!! Not the experience i had there and im sure im not the only one! If your still in doubt, just ask the guy to show you ONE of his welds and you will understand what i am telling you! You can tell alot about someone by their car!! The owners car ( the one with the nice flaming pink wheels) is never complete, how hard is it to put a front bumper on?? Alot easier than motor work! Good luck

That's an awkward start.

Just did a little research on the business and it's safe to say that SubDued9000 had some sort of bad deal somewhere because nearly every review I found online was posted on September 15 2013 by this same author making fun of the same pink rims with the same broad generalizations. Whether there is merit to it or not was never explained in specifics.

The other two reviews were mixed. One complaint from an Accord owner on a floor jack putting a dent in his car. Another was a NASIOC member who admits "I am not one who really knows about motor builds, fabrication, etc." but seemed quite thrilled with the work done and had a good write up on the modification with pics.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293516

SubDued commented on the NASIOC post with similar info and was subsequently banned, then came back to agree with himself under another new username.

So I take the previous post with a big grain of salt.

Subyking - First off, welcome to the board! Seeing as someone is de-faming you for either valid or invalid reasons there may be a story to it if you know who this guy is.

Either way, you've come to a great place to learn and share Subaru knowledge and passion and your contribution to the community will far outweigh a very loud nay-Sayer.

Edited by AdventureSubaru
  • Like 1