Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

my 92 loyale build

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

so today i got my wiring harness back and picked up some headgaskets from the dealer. im going to resurface the heads later tonight with some glass and some sand paper . also picked up an adatper plate a week or so ago . im hoping to get this all together before the snow come to mt hood.

#27 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

so i havent got to resurfacing the heads yet but i did disassemble my intake manifold. it was reallt dirty so when i started to clean it off i just decided i would paint it also . here is a before and after. i havent put it fully back together because i am waiting on some gaskets  Attached File  DSCF5288.JPG   130.05K   70 downloads

Attached File  DSCF5289.JPG   93.17K   89 downloadsAttached File  DSCF5290.JPG   91.1K   68 downloads

#28 Torry3393

Torry3393

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • priest river, Idaho

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I have a 93 Loyale and alread did the dual range swap...the pull and save up here has a ton of subys! I want to do a ej22swap next, my buddy has the donor car, a 92 Legacy...but my question is where do I get the adapter plate?

#29 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

i got mine threw a member on this board . he owns or works for inferno fab. (pretty sure its just his company but dont quote me ). his account name is subi101 . you can find his add in the products for your subaru section. send him a message and go from there. he also was the cheapest i could find and it didnt take even a week to make order and go pick up the part.

#30 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

so yesterday i resurfaced the heads and then installed them on the short block. i also got the correct timing belt kit after two runs to the part store. my first kit didnt have the idle gear. i should be putting the rest of the motor together today if everthing goes as planned. i just have no clue how to time this engine but im sure i can figure it out

#31 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

got the engine all together other than the alternator which i am about to do and then im going to try to make some room in my parents garage so i can pull my car in enough to drop in the engine. . .

#32 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Attached File  333333.jpg   34.59K   62 downloads

Attached File  ej.jpg   35.23K   65 downloads

#33 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

going to get my flywheel that i had resurfaced to a .900 step right now and then dropping the motor in hopefully . cant wait......

#34 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

so i got the ej in and mounted up. tomorrow im going to start to hook up the power steering radiator hose and everything else i can think of. my only concern is i dont even know where to start to hook up the wiring. i know i should hook up the necessary few wires to make sure ir runs but other than that im stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated . i have never really done to much in depth wiring other than fans and lights and stereos. thanks. here it is though . im stoked to finally have it in

Attached File  ej in car.jpg   104.18K   64 downloads

Attached File  ej almost in.jpg   85.17K   74 downloads

Attached File  EJ 2.jpg   91.88K   68 downloads

Attached Files

#35 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

today i decided to go to a shop called oil filter services and got some new hoses and some adapters that swivel so i could hook it up without bending any hard lines. i think it turned out pretty good , could have gone a bit shorter but oh well.

Attached File  PS 2.jpg   58.02K   45 downloads

Attached File  PS 1.jpg   72.17K   52 downloads

Attached File  PS 3.jpg   62.35K   47 downloads

i also got some 1.5 to 1.25 radiator hose adapters and got the stock top line on with one of those and a flex hose on the bottom. it worked great i just hope it isn,t a problem to have smaller inlets on the radiator compared to the hose.

Attached File  hose 1.jpg   78.11K   38 downloads

Attached File  hose 2.jpg   79.44K   42 downloads

i also picked up some used exhuast from GD today for a pretty good deal.

Attached File  ej exhaust.jpg   184.54K   44 downloads

#36 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

today i removed the heat shields off the headers . i decided to just use a cutting wheel instead of trying to mess with the rusted bolts . They came off easy . Then i wrapped them with exhaust wrap and installed them. i also put up the j pipe and made a spacer so i could mount it to the old exhaust mount right below the linkage. I picked up the two o2 sensors and i ordered a 90 degree o2 sensor bung so i can mount the second o2 sensor out of the main flow of the exhaust. i Also started to fab up a mount to mount the old pitch rod to the adapter plate.

Attached File  headers wrapped.jpg   86.77K   33 downloads

Attached File  headers wrapped 2.jpg   92.43K   46 downloads

Attached File  headers wrapped 3.jpg   97.47K   37 downloads

#37 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

i didn't get to much done today i just extended my linkage about a inch and it worked out perfectly . also i started to make the pitch mount should finish that up tomorrow

#38 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Looks good Drew! Nice to see that you go to SSI as well. Not sure if my car was there when you went in or not. Mine is the lifted blue 87 gl. Custom diamond plate steel bumpers. Safari rack on top. 

#39 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

hey thanks. yeah i saw it parked out front . its funny i almost bought your gl from mike before you did. its good to see it stayed some what local thoughh

#40 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Feel lucky that you didn't. Mike did a horrible job on the swap. The wiring is a total mess. He also had completely removed the T-stat because he couldn't figure out why it was overheating(clogged radiator)....I should have taken a better look at the harness under the dash before I handed over the cash. Oh well. Soon it will be properly done with a new harness. Just have to save up for it =p.

Edited by Haight, 14 November 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#41 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Feel lucky that you didn't. Mike did a horrible job on the swap. The wiring is a total mess. He also had completely removed the T-stat because he couldn't figure out why it was overheating(clogged radiator)....I should have taken a better look at the harness under the dash before I handed over the cash. Oh well. Soon it will be properly done with a new harness. Just have to save up for it =p.

that doesn't sound good at all.. at least it was a pretty good deal like with the lift and tires and the ej. after it is wired correctly it should be sweet. did you replace any of the shocks or anything suspension related ? when i went to check it out one big reason i didn't get it was it felt like all the suspension was completely worn out hah. glad your getting it fixed the right way

#42 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

I will be putting accord springs in the rear. Not sure about the struts. Ya even after having to put $1500 into it, it was a pretty good deal. What was he asking when you looked at it? I payed $1500.

Edited by Haight, 14 November 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#43 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

thats what he was asking with the trailer and every thing .

#44 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Damn, I payed 1700 if you include the trailer.....fooled me.

#45 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Oh well hah, atleast it had extra tires and rims on it.

so i made a bracket to bolt the the pitch stopper today and also got a MAF adaptor  threw inferno fab. got it a day after it was built . i also think im going to make some sort of shield for the  cone filter out of sheet metal. i got the 90 degree o2 sensor bung also so i can hook up the rest of the exhaust. I got the linkage extended and all the interior put back together. i think im going to make a light panel on the middle console for the all the lights and maybe one to turn my fans off. also looking into back up  l.e.d lights for the basket. i already have cree l.e.d back up lights with dual projectors in the stock housing but i think i want more light hah. also i got some KYB rear shocks of the list for 40 $ . brand new. so i put those on with new dust covers or whatever the pieces are that were at the top half of the shock assembly. They were nice aftermarket ones from discount import and only like 10 $ a piece  and in stock.

#46 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Sounds awesome! Pics!!

#47 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

the rear shocks i installed

Attached File  rear KYB.jpg   95.54K   62 downloads

Attached File  rear KYB 2.jpg   63.38K   84 downloads

here is the pitch stopper bracket made to bolt right to the adapter plate

Attached File  pitch stopper bracket 1.jpg   83.08K   84 downloads

Attached File  pitch stopper bracket 2.jpg   106.86K   85 downloads

Attached File  pitch stopper bracket 3.jpg   83.73K   94 downloads

Attached File  pitch stopper bracket 4.jpg   76.51K   93 downloads

Attached File  pitch stopper bracket 6.jpg   80.46K   90 downloads

Attached File  pitch stopper braket 5.jpg   108.92K   89 downloads

i painted it black and will install it later today

Here is the 90 degree o2 sensor bung just need to install it on the j pipe

Attached File  90 degree o2 sensoor bung.jpg   61.65K   86 downloads

so i made a heat sheild and first i mocked it up with card board to get a better idea of what i wanted

Attached File  card board heat shield.jpg   73.24K   80 downloads

i also cut out this piece of the car so the cone would sit in there. then i put some edging on

Attached File  cut out 1.jpg   65.58K   72 downloads

Attached File  cut out 2.jpg   55.59K   68 downloads

Attached File  heat sheild 2.jpg   56.21K   67 downloads

here it is when i was done. i ended up using plexy glass cause it was all that i had turned out good in my opinion . i made it mostly to keep water away from the filter . if i were to hit a puddle fast enough the engine bay gets wet. . i think it will also help a little to just suck in cold air.

Attached File  heat sheild done.jpg   66.58K   68 downloads

Attached File  heat sheild done 2.jpg   73.51K   69 downloads

this is the adapter i had made by inferno fab. Awesome work no doubt

Attached File  MAF adaptor.jpg   63.77K   72 downloads

and the extended linkage and the light panel . this is just the cut out of stainless will be adding switchs of corse

Attached File  light panel.jpg   89.55K   56 downloads

Basically all the welding is done by my dad .He has been a welder for over 30 years. i do cuting and fitting he does the welding .

#48 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

i got some new board racks yesterday at the ski and snow expo. one of the board members work at rack attack and they were at the expo and i got the board holders used . i just need one more set now. i will post a pic after i get them on the car

#49 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

How do the shocks feel? No more sag?

#50 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

How do the shocks feel? No more sag?

I haven't driven the car yet .. but it does seem to sit a little higher than it did. Only because the old ones were terrible. I should be getting my winter tires mounted today. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users