Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Blower circuit Jumper/Relay connection

Blower Fan EA81 A/C relay Jumper Location Heater dealer installed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,796 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ever wonder what the plaque that says "this vehicle equipped for the installation of optional A/C" means?  Driving yourself crazy looking for why your fan has no power and can't find the relay?

Well here's part of it.  First off, unless you have "Subaru" A/C.....you don't have a relay.

Later EA81 Blower circuits are setup with a connector, that provides for the Non-a/c fan circuit, to be bypassed......and run through a new relay.......bringing power for the blower fan through a single 20 amp glass fuse taped up in the harness.

I believe this leaves the original blower circuit extra electrical capacity to power the compresor clutch, fan relays and pressure switches,etc....

Here is a pic of the jumper that is in the setup from the factory on non-a/c cars.  This connector is up under the dash, right below the column, coming out of the big bundle on it's own 20" or so pigtail.  The glass fuse is wrapped up just a bit closer to the fuse box.

IMG_0191_zpsb36a45b4.jpg

And

Here is what the circuit looks like after Dealer installed Genuine subaru A/C setups

And here's the thread that made me tear apart 2 dashes trying to find this sucker cause it was driving me nuts.......Never had to look for an EA81 blower relay before :)http://www.ultimates...problem-solved/

Edited by Gloyale, 14 August 2013 - 11:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blower, Fan, EA81, A/C, relay, Jumper, Location, Heater, dealer, installed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users