Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Who's brat is this?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wondering if this is anyone on the board.  Looks like a divorced t-case and yota axles maybe?  I'm wondering what engine is in it.   A friend posted a picture of it on facebook.

1175223_10201640583397360_425338725_n.jp

#2 BratRod

BratRod

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

There is a story on it. It's been sold a few times over the years. I forget who built it. Last I saw it, it was on a used car dealership in Colorado for $5000, or something close to that.

Edited by BratRod, 13 August 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#3 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

To me it looks like EA running gear on about 8 inches of lift.Six lug hubs, and aftermarket wheels.(obviously)lol

The rear driveshaft is to close  to the front of the vehicle for a divorced case.

Never seen it.Seen ALOT of them. Several floating around I am sure. Not everyone is even close to wanting to be on the computer.

cheers

EDIT:Also, the rear driveline/propshaft would be at a greater angle due to the length of the drivetrain.

Edited by monstaru, 23 August 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#4 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

It was built by a guy here in Sacramento CA.

it still has a 1600cc in it.  All the running gear is Subaru.  

#5 mbcNOOFS

mbcNOOFS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Western Slope, Colorado

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hi folks. This is actually for sale right now in Paonia: http://westslope.cra...4096516932.html

It's not in very good shape. Probably the leakiest, loosest transmission I have ever seen and driven... A lot of body rust that has been filled in with insulation foam and sprayed over with shake n shoot undercoat :rolleyes:. Whole drivetrain and engine had been dropped out through the bottom of the compartment, all regular subaru configuration, simply "shimmed" out on blocks of tube steel. In the listing you can see the engine hanging out of the bottom, lol. Kind of a cheesy job in my opinion, definitely for looks and not function. seller told me that it had <100,000 miles on it (yea, right), from the patchwork in the body, it could very well be past 290k. I should have taken pictures but didn't think to and have only just joined USMB.

Edited by mbcNOOFS, 18 October 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#6 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

with an EJ and a DR 5 speed it would be sweet.

#7 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

excepting the fact it is a GINORMOUS rust bucket.....

#8 mbcNOOFS

mbcNOOFS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Western Slope, Colorado

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

excepting the fact it is a GINORMOUS rust bucket.....

It sure is a shame when a sweet rig turns out to be not so sweet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users