Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Loyale owner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spacesalmon

spacesalmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys I just recently purchased a 91' Loyale with 167k miles and the TOD from hell lol. Only paid 500 bucks and it drives like a dream. 5 speed manual shifts great. I have a front wheel bearing that is bad and I'm having trouble locating a good DIY post or vid. Found one but the pics had all been deleted. Pretty sure I can figure it out myself but some clarification I need is that there are 2 bearings per hub right?

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,562 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Here is a video on how to remove and reinstall the axle. Once you have the axle out, the bearings are cake.

I had another video about the bearings, but the original file got corrupted, so i need to re-edit it.

With the axle out of the hub, use a drift to drive out the bearings from opposite sides. Driving out the bearing will drive out the seal as well. Then re-install the bearings with a drift, being careful to only place the drift on the out er race. There will be a spacer bit that goes between the bearings. Then install the seals. Refer to the video to reinstall the axle.

Watch the video and if you have any questions ask here.

#3 spacesalmon

spacesalmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Um I don't see a video lol.

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members