Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4wd Light on but not in 4wd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spacesalmon

spacesalmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well I'm still pretty new to the community but I've read many different posts and I have traced vacuum lines and all are connected. The lights are on but I'm pretty sure it's not in 4wd. I say this cause the other day I got the front tire to slip on a paint mark at a red light. I have this connector down by my feet next to the door that has some wires ripped out (will get a picture as soon as possible) and I'm going to fix this and see if that helps but if anybody has any other explanation or a post that can help please do! Thanks again!

Edited by spacesalmon, 20 August 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,328 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

I take it you have a pushbutton 4wd? Try reversing the vacuum lines from the trans diaphragm on the solenoids as it may be connected backwards. IF the solenoid is not working, you can manipulate the 4wd off and on by reversing the lines each way.

otherwise there could be a short in the 4wd (sensor) switch on the trans

If it is not any of that, maybe one of the rear axles is broken. 

Edited by MilesFox, 20 August 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#3 spacesalmon

spacesalmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Also what type of fluid should I put in the transmission? I saw 75w90 but cannot be limited slip but all I can find is limited slip lol. Still diagnosing the 4wd. Yes it is a push button and I have messed with the input shaft on the transmission could you possibly tell me which is 4wd and which is 2wd forward or backwards on the pivot?

Edited by spacesalmon, 20 August 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,328 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

All the way forward would be 4wd and all the way back would be FWD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users