Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 & EA81 3AT the same?

It is possible to swap between . I have swapped an ea82 3at FWD into an ea81 hatch. It bolts up the same to the motor, but i had to fab a piece to adapt the rear part of the trans mount. Yu may have to mix'n'match the torque converter or the flexplate.

Alright, guys. That's what I wanted to hear. The seller still hasn't responded back to me, though. <_< I ended up finding a thread last night that someone just changed the stator shaft, and it worked.

@86BRATMAN: That is very kind of you. I hate being so far away from Subaru parts, especially having two brats now! Id still take it if you feel like shipping it, but I figure there is a reason it is in the basement. :D

There is a perfectly good reason lol, I parted out an auto brat and thought it might come in handy just in case.  I have no idea its condition other than the brat had around 90k miles, a seized engine, and no rear frame to hold anything up lol.  I packrat stuff when I have the opporatunity.  As far as shipping it, I don't have a problem with that if you wanted to do the leg work.  I can provide an address and fork lift loading for pickup.  And can probably get ahold of a good pallet, banding straps, and shrink wrap.