Ultimate Subaru Message Board

....but it isn't my call

Isnt your call??? Is it not your car? Are you not the one paying for these repairs? potentially more than once?

My car - My call - regardless of who is doing the actual labor. A shop does not dictate to me what parts will/wont be used - that is MY decision, not theirs. They can offer thier advice, different options, pricing, etc, but it is still MY decision on which way to go.

Used parts are fine in some situations - but a high wear item like this, ummm....no, not in my car. As broke as I am, and have been for the last couple of years, I would find the money for the new part (and future peace of mind), somehow, somewhere. Sure, you might have saved a couple of bucks immediately, but probably not for the long haul

this is kind of like stuffing a used timing belt on an interference engine, and expecting/hoping it will last as long as a new one? Are the immediate $ savings really worth the potential failure to go used on something like this? Not to me...

• Like 1

Heartless, your point was made by me several posts ago. I'm sure the risks are understood at this point. Cut the guy some slack.

A decision was made, it has been done, and there is no changing it now.

Before this thread gets any further off topic I'll suggest that everyone step back and take a breather before the Mods have to intervene. Capice?

• Like 1

I'm not being sarcastic or disingenuous.  You have to learn how to respect them.

Learning how to recognize IT really is a very important part of education.

Some people had to go all the way to Vietnam or Iraq to learn a lesson about them.

Over and out,

--Damien