Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-EJ swap vacuum-heater controls

rcrad4

hey guys! got my ej22 swap complete and am lovin how she drives!

I am curious as to what everyone has done for getting a good vacuum for the heater controls? I hooked up what i thought might be sufficient but I can't change the control from anything other than the mid dash vents, to say the most important defrost. :wacko:

any input and ideas are greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,

Ryan

Hook it up to the intake manifold runner! IF, you have everything hooked up properly to the EA system, it should work just fine. The canister in the the lil cubby near the pass side strut tower has a 1-way check valve in it, if you have the in/out hooked up backwards, you won't be getting the vacuum to the HVAC controls properly.....

Spencer

alright, so now i've got the line going to the canister behind strut tower coming from a "T" that i put inline with the intake manifold runner. with that line going to #1 on the canister i had the same problem of no movement on interior vents. so I switched it to going to #2 on the canister. now I have movement on the interior vents BUT ONLY when i accelerate...... ?? any ideas on that....
thanks in advance