Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1-800-Subaru?

I'm looking for the phone number for Subaru of America 'technical support?'

I have talked with them in the past and they were most helpful but, I can't find the number. I looked in FAQ and did a search for posts but found nothing:confused:

Anyone got it handy?

Thanks,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer, misbehaving

01 Forester, behaving

Subaru of America is WORTHLESS!

After waiting 20 minutes on hold the wouldn't even try to look for a cross referenced part number.

They just wanted all my personal information. After they got some of that (I won't gurantee the accuracy of the information I gave them) they simply said they couldn't reference the part number system. They didn't even ask for the part number!

They are worthless!

Thanks for nothing SOA!

Yep, that phone number is worthless :( Called them yesterday and they have absolutly no technical support on subaru. They only support sales, warrenties, L.L Bean appearl and other pointless crap that means nothing to ppl who own older Subarus.

As noted by calebz the dealerships are left the burdon of technical support. Unfortnatly in my area we have no EXCLUSIVE Subaru dealership. They are all Nissan/Hayundai/Etc/Etc/Etc/Subaru. I tell them what year and they just basicly blow me off or tell me nothing is available. None of them have records or manuals back further then first gen Legacy :(

Anyone have a dealership number with some tech and part departments more dedicated to COMPLETE Subaru support? Would be most appriciated!

The guys at subaru of dallas are pretty good for tech/part number questions. I have thrown a few strange ones their way.. they have had the info for me usually same day, or at latest, the day after.. I'll dig up their number a little later.

Don't get me wrong, my local Subaru Dealer has been good and the last time I called 1-800-Subaru they were helpful.

This time they SUCKED and DIDN'T seem to care!

The part I'm looking to replace is a Fuel Pump Control Unit 429547014. What I know about this is it's only good for an 82 with a carter webber and no part # supercedes this number in later years.

Q. Is there a preceding part # that may work? No parts directly replaced this on later years, but did this part interchange/replace an earlier year?

I realize I'm chasing a lost cause........but I've tried a 429547022----won't send power to the fuel pump:-\ . I now have a 429547102----sends power to the pump but no signal to the electric choke. Car runs with this but I have to mess with the choke everytime I start it:-\ .

I just wish there were more old Subies in my neck of the woods.

Glenn,

82, SubaruHummer

01, Forester