Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had my 2011 Legacy 2.5i premium with 16'' wheels. Unfortunately it was totaled, and I am now looking for replacement.

Hate to go with 17'', but it looks like 17'' is the only option for 2.5i Premium now.

Will 16'' wheels still fit on the later than 2011 Model year, and this is just Subaru marketing,

or is there a reason why only 17'' wheels are specified, perhaps larger brakes?

-Michael

Thanks guys. Getting a new 2014 Legacy Premium. What is the good source for wheels? I may end up getting 16'' steelies for winter tires. Is TPS an issue when going with the other set of rims? Do I have to buy another set of sensors, or is there a way to keep the TPS brains quite without the sensors?

Edited by 740gle

I don't know much about the TPMS system, they became standard in Subaru's maybe around '06? So if you look for wheels that age or newer you might be able to buy the wheels with the sensors.

There are a ton of wheels that will fit. Outback/Forester wheels use an offset of 48. Legacy/Impreza wheels have an offset of 55. Otherwise both will have the same lug pattern (5x100) and the same sizes 16x6.5 (and 17x7). [Generally speaking; there are a few exceptions].

I did a lot of research and the 7mm difference in offset isn't really a big deal for all intents and purposes. Going to the smaller rim size will be bringing the tire in a bit from the fender anyway.

Check out subaruoutback.org, subaruforester.org, and nasioc.com (Always lots of WRX/Impreza wheels for sale there).