Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lifting the 79 wagon

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 bertmann73

bertmann73

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

is it compatible with your intake? 

#27 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

i actually have another project in mind for it... and i will make it compatible :) my subie has a weber already, but my PUG does not

#28 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,263 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

You can extend the control arms and swap Gen2 suspension bits, or you can adapt the gen 2 crossmember and get full gen 2 suspension.With the Gen 2 crossmember a EJ22 and 5 speed DR are possible,with Gen1 crossmember the steering shafts tries to occupy the same space as the axle cups.

#29 bertmann73

bertmann73

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

really? I'll take it if you want to give it away...

I may have to wait a bit before i let the carb go. My brother in law came across an 81 brat that has been taken apart an i don't know if i need it or not at this point.

Funny thing is he hates 4wd but loves brats. i am going to swap out the rear swing arms for the ones that came off my wagon and give it a 5 speed 2wd drive train. this will be an interesting build as it goes against my every fiber to make a 4wd 2wd. but if thats what he wants i will gladly accept the challenge.

I will post pics as soon as we go pick it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users