Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So is my car really worth this?

It finally happened, i blew my headgaskets (note the previous thread i had) i knew it had to happen sometime though

So yesterday i took the day off of school and work, and brought my car into the shop, thanks to my boss' generosity, and tore out the engine. Took me about 4 hours to get the engine out, and another 4 to tear it down on the engine stand. At first light it only appeared to be that my head gaskets were, and had been, blown for long enough to screw themselves up pretty badly. But, after running the heads through the parts washer a couple of times, it was soon apparent that i had some very ugly, very large cracks in the exaust ports of the right side head. my left side head looked alright in the exaust port area, but terrible in between the valves, 2 very large cracks in just one side!

I'm taking the heads down to a place in kent called heads up to have them re-manufactured, my price through them is going to be about 195 a head, so nearing 400 total, plus another 200 or so to re-do all of the seals on the engine. sure hope my cars worth all this!

So any thing else i should do while i'm in there? i got a wee bit o money left after all this, but hey, if i'm going to be flat broke, my car might as well be running good.