Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help

4play

read the check engine codes?

front O2 sensor itself is hosed or the wiring is exposed and shorting out against something?  ECU doesn't use the front O2 sensor until operating temperature...so maybe?

disconnect it and see if that changes how it runs?

might want to mention what kind of EJ22 you're running?  90-94, 95-98, 99-01 block...and then what ECU?

• 2 weeks later...

What fuel pump do you have?It sounds like at the five minute mark your not getting fuel.So either there isn't voltage to the pump or the pump isn't rated for a high enough head pressure.You can check if thats your issue by clamping your return line and see if it helps.if it does your fuel pump may be dieing.

Ok thanks, but it is new ,from autozone,e2000 model 45 to 90 psi, but I will clamp the return and see what happens,

I was told to check the coolant temp sencer,  so I unpluged it, it throws that code right after start up, it also omes out ok.

I think what ever tells it to chock its self when cold is not shuting off when it gets warm.?

thanks

Ok thanks, but it is new ,from autozone,e2000 model 45 to 90 psi, but I will clamp the return and see what happens,

I was told to check the coolant temp sencer,  so I unpluged it, it throws that code right after start up, it also omes out ok.

I think what ever tells it to chock its self when cold is not shuting off when it gets warm.?

thanks

Those would be the O2 sensor and the Coolant temp sensor.

I am thinking you've got a vaccum leak on the EVAP solenoid circuit.  When it opend to vent the canister after warmup, it is opening the Vac leak.  Jsut a though.

How do you have your evap system set-up?  do you have a canister in place?

The fuel pump has enuf psi. evap system? it is gone. is that what the 2 hard lines under the manifold are? comes out on the left side frunt of moter. thay are pluged off.

thanks for any help.

Edited by 4play

It's not gone.

You still have a Evap solenoid located under the #1/3 intake runners.  Check that the solenoid is not broken, disconnected, etc...

The hardlines you mentioned are indeed for the evap.  The larger one is the vent line from the tank, the smaller one goes to the solenoid, which when it opens connects to the intake.

Pluggin the lines may work.  The evap may not be the problem. 

But IMO, FWIW, that you should install a canister from a Legacy.  Nothing to lose.

I focus on the EVAP system because it's the one system that "opens" or on;y comes into play once warmed up.

• 2 weeks later...