Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS15 Live Thread

Good morning. After everyone stayed up all night gabbing about their Subies and meeting other Subie kin, we finally got some rest. Slowly folks are waking up and getting the sleep out of their eyes. I took some pictures of just a small sampling of the Subies filling the grounds.

bratstacks.jpg

wcss_grounds1.jpg

Looks like someone snuck into the mudpit to pre-test it. Marcus -  was that you????

mudpit2.jpg

wcss_grounds1.jpg

• Like 1

DAMN!!!!  Registered 2 cars, but can't go.

Stuck home watching the house.  We took in a VERY LARGE dog temporarily.  She was becoming too much for her owner so we are fostering her for a few weeks finding a home.  She's so big that if she wants to test her cage she could get out so gotta have someone home to watch her.

hmm.......My GF gets home around 2pm and I could drive up there in about 2 hours.......is 4pm too late to show up and be in the show?????

DAMN!DAMN!DAMN!!!

Kelso Police made a drive through the grounds this morning about 9:30 am. They missed the boat as the hoopla was going on last night.

kelso_police.jpg

After we went for breakfast, we noticed the mud pit was opening up and people were taking runs at it.  Board member One_eye was waiting and eager to give it a run:

one_eye_waiting.jpg

His rig is on the right. When it was his turn he gave probably the best run I saw so far. He definitely engaged the crowd with a little mudspray:

One_eye_splashin.jpg

There was even one brave soul running his shiny polished WRX through the mud.  Hats off to you sir and the car wash is on 9th street!

wrx_mud.jpg

Of course WCSS is all about oddities and uniqueness. Creative antenna ornaments and spray painted poodles in Baja's.

bird.jpg

102_0430.jpg

The convention hall has opened and the show lot is filling up with folks waiting for their cars to be judged. Lots more to see. I will continue updating throughout the day.

Edited by MR_Loyale

One of the categories is "People's Choice". I voted for Twitch and I didn't even have to be bribed. My vote was based upon anyone insane enough to drive across the state on a blue devil head gasket job deserves some recognition. Twitch - I do hope the award is a GPS.

102_0429.jpg

The best Brat at the show is definitely this 1984 bone stock with no modifications. The gentleman on the right is the second owner and said the car has 99K on the odometer. Apparently the first owner kept it in the garage all the time as did he. I swear this thing looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. The interior is flawless as far as I can tell and the paint is original to the car. Even the decal is original.

102_0420.jpg

102_0418.jpg

102_0421.jpg

102_0422.jpg

102_0423.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

At 3pm the mudpit action resumed. Basically it consisted of the older gens easily dancing through the course, the outback marginally making it and the WRX's getting stuck.

Old Gen, makes it through

102_0435.jpg

WRX Gets Stuck

102_0434.jpg

Old Gen Makes It

102_0436.jpg

WRX Gets Stuck, Bumper Torn Off

102_0442.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

i was there from about 8:30 to when they closed the mud pit the first time and said it would open again at 3 it defianly was a interesting experience. All of those wrx's or impreza's sucked in the mud since they kept tearing off the side skirts and bumpers. Seriously who actualy thinks there lowered wrx is going to make it through a foot of mud with street tires if you dont keep there speed up and then decide to floor it digging your self into a hole you can't get out of? Plus some of the guys with wrx's kept on letting on and off on the gas so the turbos where kicking on and off every couple of seconds which will probably kill the turbo not including the fact some of them had blue smoke coming out of the exaust in the end.  And who ever had the new impreza  4 door hatch back in rally blue with no tow hooks and no hitch is stupid especialy when then they decided to go in the mud pit and get stuck.The old gens definently kicked some rump roast out there even the stock 3 gen gl with no hood did better than most of the new gens.

Following the end of the second mud pit session, jj421 and myself hopped into my Loyale Sedan and made a beeline for Mt St Helens Johnston Ridge Observatory to catch the sunset on St Helen. It was about a two hour drive round trip from Kelso to St Helens and back. We saw some of the most spectacular scenery available in this area.

102_0448.jpg

102_0447.jpg

102_0449.jpg

P1130858.jpg

P1130864.jpg

P1130863.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

Thank you for all of the updates. Of course it looks exciting. I should have tried to catch up with twitch as he rolled through town.

Everyone have a fun and safe trip back home.

Start making your plans for next year. Twitch is an alright guy in my book. You would have loved the trip and the show. Everyone should do it at least once in their lifetime.

I just got home. Car did great! Nothing went wrong (besides a turn signal wire coming loose). My gas mileage app on my phone lost its data for my Loyale, but I figure the trip was about 330 miles round trip. Did the entire trip on one tank of gas, and averaged about 35 MPG! Definitely didn't cost much to drive down there.

DSC01743_zpse4d78dd4.jpg

I had lots of fun on the trip down, at the show, and on the way back. Felt a little short, but maybe that's just because I was having fun. As I came home, the odometer came to the bottom picture. Means something since it's been 10,000 miles since I bought my Loyale. That's not a lot of miles, and I've only had the car for a year and a half (not even, actually), but I couldn't help think of the memories I've had (and am making) with the car. Also brought up memories of all the work I've done to the car, a lot of it necessary to reach this "milestone". WCSS 15 is definitely going on that list of memories, and I plan to make it every year.

10000miles_zps1340ad2d.jpg

Gonna be uploading pictures to the "official" WCSS picture thread. Didn't take many pictures, but I'll post 'em. Also took some video, which will be on YouTube.