Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subie owner and board member

Hey out there in USMB, just bought a '93 Loyale. icon7.gif I'm out here in W. Mass. I will be looking for as many tips, tricks and pointers as everyone is willing to give me. My ride has approx. 137,000 mi. on it. I have never owned a Subaru before. So I have no basis for comparison. Anyway, I am sure I will be talking to some of you out there soon.

Just bought a 2004 Outback,my first Subaru (auto,w/ rubber floor mats,AC filter (is it worth having it?)& lighter) for a little over 20K at Patriot Subaru in Saco ME. May have done a little better at Charlie's in Augusta, but I wanted a local dealer. Any way, I love the car. The pick up is OK for a 4-cyl. and it goes great on the highway. I haven't set my bike rack up yet, so I just put the rear seats down and stuffed my mountain bike in the back. Didn't even have to take the front wheel off. Are there any particular things to look out for as a new owner. I've had Hondas for the last few cars. Also,Patriot Subaru has a "Tires for life program" If you have them do the Subaru scheduled maintenance they give free tires for the life of your ownership. It's kind of a gimmick, but at 20-25K a year it might pay off.