Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 3 cyclospe conversion

Rust

Awesome job Rust!

The originals had an illuminated Blue switch on the lower left dash labeled "Passing Lamp"

The subaru design engineers out did themselves with that whole setup of the motorized emblem.

+1 on the hardware cloth stoneguards on the grille and headlamps.

What did you use for the brushbar and roof rack?

Did not design a motorized door, this is a pretty low tech/cost conversion.  As is the the brush bar and roof basket.  The brush guard was once part of a weight bench and the roof basket was once a futon.  The wire mesh light/grill protection was just some scrap I had lying around. 

I suppose you could also design a motorized door for the light, but clearance between the radiator and hood latch would be an issue.  

Too bad subaru only produced the cyclopse for a couple of years, they should have encorporated it into all generations.

• 2 weeks later...

In Oregon it's not legal to add lights above the level of the bumper.

The original ones are probably OK?  Can't see them actually ticketing you for original equipement but I've definately been pulled over for 2 lights mounted top the top of the bumper....supposed to be offroad only.