Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Maybe new owner

2007 legacy outback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 repoman78

repoman78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • chicago

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

looking for info before i buy.  2007 legacy outback with 83,000 miles on it.  first owner looks to of taken care of it, second owner only had it for 1 yr and 4 months. the second title change is what worries me.  but I hve no ther knowledge of the subarus other than what I have been reading the last week or so.  2.5 with 5 speed manual.   Any info itowards wht I should be looking at beffore I buy would help. 

Thanks!!

Sean

#2 belacane

belacane

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • New Orleans, LA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

People get rid of cars for so many different reasons, it's hard to say that short ownership is a bad sign. Maybe he moved overseas, or he couldn't afford to keep a car. Maybe he found something he liked better, or he is particular about having cars only under 100k even if they're still in good shape, or he just decided cta was the answer ;).

I'm not sure about specific issues that '07's have, but I do know that it will be due for a timing belt soon (i think it's 90k..correct me if I'm wrong).

Good luck with your buy! Soobs are awesome!

#3 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Yeah, unless you see signs that the car was neglected,I wouldn't be worried. The 07s were a good year. These were still somewhat prone to head gasket failure.

If the car seems solid and the price is right, there's nothing wrong with a 2 owner 07. They're sharp looking cars with fantastic versatility and great reliability. Should you purchase the car, refer back to this site. There's no better group out there to give help, resources and advice on any modification, maintenance or repair to your Subaru. They are such fun cars to own and drive. Plus you can see by the odometers represented by the members here that they are among the most dependably machines ever built.

My wife's 2000 outback sits at 332,000 miles, my Impreza at 275,000

Edited by AdventureSubaru, 18 September 2013 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users