Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brushguard Mounting - 84 BRAT

So I bought a brush guard / front end protector / whatever you want to call it.

It came off of an 84 Brat and i want to put it on my 84 Brat. However, when I line it up, it looks like it isn't going to mount up properly. I didn't see how it mounted on the car it came from, as my dad picked it up, not me.

It seems like I might be missing some brackets or something that my dad likely left on the car that it came from.

It looks just like the one in the picture.

Does anyone have one like it? I'm looking for pictures of how it mounts.

Thanks

KfmTZPr.jpg

O k here you go, ive owned 3 of these, first you need to take the 4 bumper bolts out to move the bumper forward to where its dangling or you can take the wires of the lights and drop it all, you have to tip the bumper over at a 45 angle and and twist the guard on(kinda awkward to do alone, the other thing is to take the bottom chrome bar off the bottom front of the brat is where the guard sets in the groves(if the bar happens to NOT be on your brat,  this will not work cause that bar is your means off support....You have to have!!!! 

SuperBrat, thanks for the info! I didn't figure I'd have to remove the bumper, but it's half-off right now so that I can put some "customized" fenders on anyway.

So the guard  just sits on that lower chrome bar under the radiator, and bolts to the uni-body? I'd just go look at, but I can't look right now because the car is in my father's garage for repairs.

• 1 month later...

Hm. Well, we'll see what shakes out with this. I'm going to keep digging.

It is nice to know that it'll work out even without the bolts, though.

i got this same Brush Guard am going to paint it this week and put it on ,will post pics asap!

Edited by scrapperking