Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6-lug question

So I'm at the point of putting some new wheels on the wagon. I checked these out today, they're off a Mazda.

ni0l4qu.jpg

The lip that goes around the bolt area is a bit concerning. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to drill the wheels or the hubs. I'd rather drill as little as possible, but might I have some trouble drilling these wheels?

Thanks

I'm guessing they are these?

img0179ne.jpg

img0187j.jpg

they will drill just fine, just get a drill bit thats a little larger than the stud, and one thats a bit bigger than that to make the seat for the lug.

if you have a spare rear drum it will make your life alot easier. basically use it as a template knock 2 studs out and drill through them.

ALSO those rims may need the center hole opened a little to sit on the hubs correct (they went on an ea81, may not be the same as an ea82). a dremmel or a die grinder will make quick work... i used a rat tail file and it took me a couple hours.

if you do the hubs instead of the rims life will get a little difficult if you strip a hub.

I think they were 215/75/r15 

heres some what of a pic of them on the front. we were test fitting them on a parts car.

img0178nh.jpg

the offset is good too

img0184szl.jpg

you will need to trim at the front and rear corners on the front fenders, and you may need to roll the fenders in the rear. or add bumpstops in the rear strut... old radius rod bushings work well. i put them in both my lifted wags. jut cut the rod bushing and slide it between the spring and around the strut rod.