Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there a difference between a ea81t and ea81 analogue tachometer circuit board/

Im trying to figure out if the circuit boards for the analogue tachometers are the same or not. I have the turbo gauge and non-turbo tachometer that came with the car since the previous owner bought those at johns subaru junkyard since the digi-dash was replaced because it shorted and cought on fire also frying some other wires in the harness. The turbo gauge is a direct fit once you take out the oil pressure gauge out and it even has the three holes already made factory for the turbo gauge to mount through the plastic part of the tachometer but the holes are not in the circuit board. I need to know if i can just drill the holes for it or if i can mount it in doing some custom work to get it to work if not i have a feeling im going to put the oil pressure guage back in and track down anymore wiring problems while i have the dash out. Any chance somebody can take a picture of the back of their analogue tachometer so i know what im up against? Any help is welcome and thanks in advance.

Are you needing pics of the turbo analog cluster? I've got one, along with a complete analog dash harness from an 84 turbo wagon I can get pretty much anything you'll need from them.

Got an extra boost sensor?

It runs the gauge and mounts on the firewall near the RH hood hinge.One vacuum line.One electrical plug.Says Boost sensor on it and has Hitachi part # PS14-01.

Mine decided to go out of calibration a little,

Are you needing pics of the turbo analog cluster? I've got one, along with a complete analog dash harness from an 84 turbo wagon I can get pretty much anything you'll need from them.

I need pictures of the back side of the circuit board to tell you if i need some thing. I need to look closer at the wiring harness but im sure the guy replaced the dash section with a analogue turbo harness from johns subaru junkyard since he has a list of parts in a folder he gave me along with all of the paperwork. Plus he bought the turbo gauge there and i think he bought another dash with a non turbo tachometer from somebody with no cracks and not melted. Im good on parts for now since he replaced a bunch of stuff like the ecm with another turbo one but if i need some thing i will let you know since this stuff is almost impossible to find for a turbo. This 83 turbo wagon hasn't got a thread made for it yet but i might make one it looks almost identical to my other one minus the fact this one has even more options and only has 136k on it with mostly orignal parts.

Cool didn't realize you'd gotten another one lol. I'll try to snap some pics in the next day or two for you.

Thanks, im not in a huge hury for pics since i need to take out the engine harness to  see if anything else got melted because the guy tried fixing it in the car but i dout he fixed all the spots that melted the plastic in the wiring like that. I know that it got hot enough to melt the plastic coating off in small spots on the ignition wires (oposite side of where the key goes on the colum) so that is something im replacing since the guy tried to repair it in 7 spots.