Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Window tint in obs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevinrogosch

kevinrogosch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Manhattan, KS

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:05 PM

As soon as I get my baby back from the shop, I want to a)put in new speakers and b)tint the windows. Has anyone done this to thier outback sport, or seen any? What should I look for in a shop that tints? Whats kind of questions should I ask to see if they are any good? How dark would look good? How much do they usualy cost? Any info is helpful.

#2 etlsport

etlsport

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Frederick

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

Ive got a 97 legacy outback.. dk green.. i have 35% on the front two windows and 20% on the rest.. it looks really good.. costed about 170 with a life time guarentee.. turned out well cause after a while the window would scrape on the door as the seals hardened and so the tint scraped some.. took it back to the shop and they redid the window for me, so id definately reccomend getting a warrenty on it

#3 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:13 PM

Prices seem to vary quite a bit from shop to shop. The shop that did my car had two grades of tint, one w/ warranty and one w/o warranty. I would suggest getting one with warranty. They retinted two of my windows that bubbled at the edges a few months after they were tinted. Been good for a few years since without any problems.

-Heikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users