Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

collant pouring out of the block

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quintonvincent

quintonvincent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • austin texas

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hello,

This morning leaving on a weekend trip, i noticed my temp was running high, so i stopped and turned on my heat. got nothing. then i opened the radiator and poured in about a gallon of h2o. it cooled it down and i took off to the nearest gas station. on the way my a/c blew out alot of condensation(dont know if its related) so i pulled over. i checked my fluid level again and proceded to pour 2 gallons of coolant into the radiator. Pulled the rock guard or whatever it is under the motor and see the coolant is pouring out of the engine as fast as i put it in, i thought it might be a hose or some other easy fix but it looks like it is coming out of either the block or where something goes into the block on the drivers side above the sub frame just inside of the tire. is there any common part that fails? I'm stranded!

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,836 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

What year and engine?

That general area is where the water pump is. Thermostat housing, lower radiator hose, and the bypass hose all attach there as well.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Check the hose that goes between the thermostat and the top of the block. if it leaks, it will run off the back of the engine.

Check the heater hoses if the clutch fork is riding against the hose. Check the WP where the steel tube from the radiator inserts, there is an o-ring there.

Edited by MilesFox, 20 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#4 nobangmycar

nobangmycar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Edendale, New Zealand

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I had a similar failure once that turned out to be water pump as MilesFox just described.

#5 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 852 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

You may have popped a freeze plug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users