Ultimate Subaru Message Board

collant pouring out of the block

Hello,

This morning leaving on a weekend trip, i noticed my temp was running high, so i stopped and turned on my heat. got nothing. then i opened the radiator and poured in about a gallon of h2o. it cooled it down and i took off to the nearest gas station. on the way my a/c blew out alot of condensation(dont know if its related) so i pulled over. i checked my fluid level again and proceded to pour 2 gallons of coolant into the radiator. Pulled the rock guard or whatever it is under the motor and see the coolant is pouring out of the engine as fast as i put it in, i thought it might be a hose or some other easy fix but it looks like it is coming out of either the block or where something goes into the block on the drivers side above the sub frame just inside of the tire. is there any common part that fails? I'm stranded!

Check the hose that goes between the thermostat and the top of the block. if it leaks, it will run off the back of the engine.

Check the heater hoses if the clutch fork is riding against the hose. Check the WP where the steel tube from the radiator inserts, there is an o-ring there.

Edited by MilesFox