Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Loyale wagon

Mechanical_misfit

• 2 weeks later...

Got the non rusty fender installed. I still need a passenger side fender. I'm gonna pick up a driver's side rear door from the local junkyard, as mine has a crease in it. After that, its paint time!

Rock auto got a bunch of my money this week too. I figured I'd treat myself to some birthday gifts in the form of loyale parts haha.

Thanks again for the hook up on those parts Tom

oadUb6N.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lots of progress on this wagon considering I don't really have a garage to work out of. I've been driving it a in all this snow, and it actually goes pretty good. 

A few weeks back, Tdodge and I drove the BRAT to Wi. First up to Sheyboygan to pick up a topper, then down to rendezvous with MilesFox. Fox, I must thank you again for being a great host. The guy really knows old Subarus. He loaded the brat to the rafters with parts for my loyale. 

I got a ton of really cool stuff. Part of which was the RX body mouldings that I've been wanting. The rocker mouldings were warped from sitting, so I mounted them up to help straighten them out. I will be taking it all back off for paint. I also got a really nice passenger fender to replace my rusted one. 

I still have to head out to the junkyard to pick up the two drivers side doors I want, but this snow is making things a challenge. Soon though, and then paint will come soon after. 

I'm still pretty sure I want to five speed swap this, I just really wanna get the body work finished up first. Here are a few recent pics. 

without RX mouldings

GP49b9v.jpg

with

fCE5ZBg.jpg

Edited by Mechanical_misfit

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That bike rack came from a stash i inherited with a car. It was a dealer option for ea81. Glad to see it in use now, especially for it's purpose with bicycles. All the cool kids with their yakimas just can't get down with this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the look - it's amazing how the wheels look with the black detailing. Also, the car looks a bit odd without the rearmost section of kit, and I reckon you should paint the bootlid pillars black like on the GL model. Props for the paint job though, looks awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

decided against the WRX seats and put my stock ones back in. Also just had to replace a tire because one had a busted belt. 

I hadn't been driving this one much lately, but got it back out to drive to work and balance the tires. I like that its quiet compared to TDF, and makes my 80 mile commute a little bit more relaxing. 

next up is a reseal of the oil pump, and then more driving! I'm also thinking of some winterforce tires on white wagon wheels for winter. 

I am absolutely in love with this car! I ran so many errands today and took the long way to ever destination.

Last night when I took it home, I cleaned every square inch of the inside and installed the new rear hatch lift support; Bought several new tools and already planning a few repairs. I have always worked on my car's, but mostly simple things; replacing hoses or changing oil. I plan on doing everything on this. 

Before any repairs, I will be taking it up-north camping next weekend. Our camp spot is down a 2-track and I'm excited to do some light off road! 

Future repairs I'm planning on:

Replace wheel bearings

Install Winterforce tires

Do something to the front brakes (mechanical_misfit you will have to remind me of what needs to be done) 

All in all this car will teach me a lot. Any links to things I should read are greatly appreciated! 

Let the adventure begin! 

MDW