Ultimate Subaru Message Board

From an '11 H6 Outback to this "new" hatch! 87' GL

SnatchedHatch

My search for a winter beater led me to a surprisingly awesome find! This beats all the other cars I checked out tenfold, and now I can park it next to my other "hatch"!

They said she came from the Mojave! It's a shame the rear end was crumpled, being in the MidWest for about 4 years has really taken it's toll. I don't know the history of the car that well besides the fact that the title and various retrofitted panels tell me it was rebuilt. They did a good job though!

sub.jpg

Nexcam4_981.jpg

The worst is that the body is deformed in such a slight way that the rear vent windows do not properly seal. I'm going to have to get some black silicone caulking :S

Nexcam4_983.jpg

Nexcam4_982.jpg

Nexcam4_984.jpg

This forum is really proving to be a handy resource. Glad to be here, I'm surprised at the level of support compared to my last auto forum. Just a bunch of dbags showing off their ricers, HA we'll show them. Check out my undercarriage guys!! (and gals, that's new too)

Nexcam4_992.jpg

Nexcam4_995.jpg

Nexcam4_997.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far. FYI I found 3 sets of 4x140 Subaru rims in my area. hehe after I have my pick, I'll post the location! (ok ok, Kankakee, IL)

Edited by SnatchedHatch

Also, you REALLY should not jack it up on little skid plate. Move back to the cross member or just jack one side at a time from the frame rail of the unibody.

Thank you for this ^^, I was cautious at doing it. Jacked it up slowly and it didn't creak. Let it down right after.

As someone new to these cars, it's kinda cool to know I have that sturdy of a plate underneath the engine.

Ya that plate relies on its shape to give it the strength and it really is a pretty decent little piece of protection!

But like I said before, it was not designed to be jacked on and i would avoid it in the future. If you must jack it from the center, a few inches back on the cross member should be fine in terms of strength, however a little tippy.

• Like 1