Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fuel sender?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joking41

joking41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • albuquerque new mexico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

since the first day iv'e had my Subaru the gas gauge hasn't worked. iv'e done a few tests and it seems like the fuel sender no ohm's are coming from the sender. i have power to the sender and a good ground. if anyone has a fuel sender laying around that works id be more then grateful to buy it. let me know if im wrong about my presumptions.

#2 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,929 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

What model/year?

#3 coxy

coxy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Pull the sender and make sure the contact is making a Good connection as it sweeps over the rheostat section, Often simply bending the contactor arm will fix things by making a decent contact once more they are a simple mechanical system when all said and done no electronics involved so an eyeball will show you what is needed to hopefully fix the issue.

#4 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,930 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

The connection would be the first thing to check.. The sender almost never actually dies which is good since you cannot get them anywhere.  The next most likely culprit is the gauge itself.  That also can be checked But I am not the one to tell you how.. The gauge was the problem in my 83 GL.

#5 Corvid

Corvid

New User

• Bronze Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Puget Sound

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

I've got a pullled EA82 unit I can sell you for a couple bucks, but I bet when you dig it out to replace it, you'll see what needs to be cleaned up or bent back into place on yours. I've looked at more than one where the contacts were green and crunchy when we finally went to go examine the sender.

#6 superpoo93

superpoo93

New User

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Now here is another option if cleaning does not work.

http://www.tristarrradiator.com/

#7 superpoo93

superpoo93

New User

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I found this also price is much better. Around $60
http://www.subarupartslive.com

I cleaned mine and adjusted it works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users